Monday, March 22, 2010

words, words, words

I have noticed that L.E.T.T.E.R.S and WORDS as decorative pieces are very in vogue at the moment. I know your probably thinking, 'um...they have been in vogue for a while Erin, get with it' but i just wanted to publicy acknowledge that I like it.

I like that you can have words or letters around your HOME that you walk by each day and get either uplifted by them or they just make you happy.
I have the letter "F" on our mantle (for Freind) I often look at it and are reminded of my new name and what it stands for.

I have a few friends with "love", "home", "hope" and "joy" words around their home and i think, so simple yet so effective.
I have another friend that has "EAT' in her kitchen, obvious yes, yet it brings a smile to my face and it's significant for her because cooking and food is such a big part of who she is.

I am personally looking for the perfect "NEST" sign/letters. I love this because it makes me realize that the house i live in is a nest that Brad and I have created and we are nesting there and our nest is totally different and unique from the next nest.

Here are few lovely examples of words:
This room is a little too PINK







2 comments:

Nimmi Debrah said...

Dear Freindly sparrow...I really enjoy reading your blog and have decided to be more committed to the comments section, just so you know that your thoughts are being heard. Yes sir ree...heard, enjoyed, savoured and loved.

You are a true gem...building a beautiful nest.

Friendly Sparrow said...

Your beautiful nim, thanks! xx