Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Home made


Its been a while since my last post. I can put this down to a busy few weeks. I have however been quite busy around the home. So with my iphone in hand I went around and snapped a few pics of what has been taking place in our little home. Enjoy!

A lamp I picked up from an op shop - Of coarse painted base white and covered the shade in a beautiful wall paper! Super easy and looks lovely I think.

This is the before look at the funny shade of green shade.


Mum picked up this chest from hard rubbish for me last year and I had it outside as a chest to keep bits and pieces in on the deck. A neighbourhood cat made it her bed and so I brought it in, gave it a fresh splash of white paint, recovered the top in stripes and bought this amazing mustard cushion from freedom and there you have it!


Who could have known a few different sized jars, clumped together, some pink flowers popped in a few and then candles in the remaining could look so delectable.


Celebrated my beautiful sisters 22nd birthday over a brunch! It was lovely.


This was a batch of mince pies I made for a 'Christmas in July' party we hosted. I am a little bit proud of them for a first attempt. Yes that's right, I made the short crust pastry from scratch!


Also a first for me was the baking of a sponge cake for the Christmas do. Well it worked and tasted delish!

I got bored with a boring white sliding door in our kitchen, so i bought some black board paint ($15 for a small pot) and went a bit crazy painting my door. I do need a proper duster though as a wet cloth is just not cutting it.


2 comments:

Katie J said...

You are one talented lady! All these look fantastic. Loving your kitchen door, we will have to be on the look out for a proper duster for you. That chest looks great, I would have given into the cat thats for sure! xox

Cat said...

You are so creative. Love it. Love all of it. x