Tuesday, February 9, 2010

What's with the birds and apples?

Why is it that we become enthralled by things in life that we don't particularly like? I seem to have a weird fascination with birds. The funny thing is, I really don't like birds, and would go as far as saying I have a mild phobia of the feathered friend. But when it comes to designs and pictures, I am instantly drawn to all things involving BIRDS.

My husband, Brad doesn't really get it and finds it quite strange that I seem to flock to bird designs, yet if birds flocked toward me you'd hear me screaming and see me running for cover.

People have in the past taken advantage of this phobia and done such things as placing bread on my lap in the middle of Hyde Park whilst i was blissfully unaware, until all of a sudden a pigeon spots food and a flock of them are soon flapping at my face.

Yes, friends of mine who have pet budgies who are left free to roam around the house, have to be captured and caged when I am expected over. Yes, when I'm walking passed a bush and it rustles I jump a little but yes I love birds but only when they are safely nestled in a picture or sitting still on my shelf.

Lately I have also developed a weird fascination for apple designs. I don't even particularly like the taste of apples over any other fruit, but I find them nice to look at. I even found myself looking at an apple pendant in the jewelers window thinking maybe Brad will buy this for me on Valentines day. I don't know where this has come from but I'll run with it all the same.

Birds and Apples, not my fave but are they?...

P.S I hear from a reliable source that Owl's are so the new bird...Thanks Nim!

E x
www.paperrelish.etsy.com




www.corid.etsy.com

www.lovesugar.etsy.com
www.suowen.etsy.com




www.thepapertray.etsy.com

www.ladyjamie.etsy.com

No comments: