Tuesday, November 23, 2010

White paint and Christmas craft

Since finishing full time study and getting past exams and assignments, I have had a bit more time to do some creative things at home and also some crafty preparation for Christmas time.
I painted our brown brick fire place white and I am so happy with the finished product. It brightens up the room and really creates a lovely centre piece.
Brad and I are going over to England on December the 10th (exciting!!!) and so we are having a family and friends (separate) Christmas party. I decided to make my own bon bons this year (first time). I am going for a red and white colour theme and the bon bons in the shop just were not doing it for me.


My freshly painted white fire place. It was a horrid glazed brown brick.
Paint - $8
Brush - $5

My new "love" vase from my visit to Robert Gordon - LOVE!

Bits and pieces involved.

The finished product - just what I wanted!

3 comments:

Nim said...

Ez! You are unbelievable! Those bon bons look amazing. What a good job! We should totally make our own etsy shop and sell your great ideas..i'll make a few cards or something!

Cat said...

you have such a great eye for detail and sweet ideas. Love it. The fireplace looks amazing! x

Rebecca Matheson said...

The fireplace looks great!!!