Wednesday, July 14, 2010

A little dash of colour

For a while now I have been wanting to paint my dining chairs. I originally wanted to paint them all white, until I saw a picture in a magazine of a dining table with mismatched white and colored chairs. This inspired me to paint 2 of my chairs bright yellow, or "dandelion" as purchased from Bunnings. I am so happy with the finished product, and though it was a tedious and long job, I now smile each time I see my yellow chairs. What do you think?





While I was in the yellow mood, I decided to make some lemon curd out of a bowl of lemons my mum gave me. I had such an enjoyable afternoon with all my happy yellow surroundings. The lemon curd was also very delicious!


4 comments:

Katie said...

It looks fantastic Erin, love it so much!! x

Nim said...

wow Ez- love the chairs. You are all set for the beginning of spring and some happy times. Also, I can second that, that lemon curd was amazing!

sigh... said...

You have such a great eye for colour and detail Ez, the chairs look fantastic. x

Friendly Sparrow said...

Thanks for your feed back friends, your so lovely. xx