Friday, January 22, 2010

This is me


I have never had the urge to write a blog. My husband has been doing it for quite a few years now and I often read them and laugh but never get the courage to actually start one myself. He is a very clever writer and writes very clever and whitty things about his life.

I recently discovered the wonderful world of blogs (a friend introduced me) and I have fallen in love with them a little bit and from there, I have been inspired to begin one.

I want a place where I can write and put up pictures and words that inspire me and the odd person that may stumble accross it.

So this is me at the moment:

At the moment I am very much into my new house. My husband and I purchased it in October last year and you could say I have been on the verge of obsessing over it.

I read home magazines all the time NB: this is not a good idea before bed as your mind will be ticking over and over and over with all the lovely things you have just seen. I am always on the look out for new decorative ways to improve our space and I cant help but look at other costly renovations and drool over how amazing it looks.

The thing is I am a full time nursing student so money is some what scarce and we are attempting to save for an overseas trip at the end of this year...so the bottom line is I need to think thrifty, which I have been blessed with the ability to do (thanks mum) so I will try and show you my attempts of this sometime.
Thants enough for now,
E

1 comment:

Nim said...

Hey Friendly sparrow,

Love the blog! You have well and truly inspired me to love the beautiful things in life and think about my next budget house projects. Your place is looking amazing! Love the back yard - you guys have done a great job!

I love the print from Etsy too- very cool! and the little red teapots...well what can i say? A hot madgascan vanilla or french earl grey would sit lovely in that!

Im thinking about getting some RG birds for Ebony's room. I was thinking about them the other day. Apparently "owls" are the "new bird"?

Anyway, looking forward to catching up soon over some good food, wine, great home ideas, puzzle, apple bon bon marinated in musk, and some "Holidays" Cheer! (even though its not holidays!

Love you! Nim